Participants will learn through experiential learning and leadership perspective. By meeting the leaders in all of the distinct fields in the community, and learning of the challenges they face, participants will expand their leadership perspective to incorporate the new information. At the end of the program participants will:
- Acquire an understanding of the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the City of Hollywood in the 21st century.
- Create greater self-awareness and learn about their own leadership style.
- Enhance public speaking skills.
- Learn to seek feedback at all levels.
- Understand the role of a community leader while working in the community and the skills necessary to be effective in leading activities.
- Build relationships with the current Hollywood leadership, dialogue with these individuals and share plans and strategies that will directly impact our communities future.
- Overtime build a pipeline of Community Leaders who understand the issues facing our city and communities.
- Identify their personal leadership goal and next steps.